Unhappy with the Commissioner's decision

The Commissioner will make a decision based on the information provided by you and the public authority as soon as possible. The decision will be either to uphold your complaint in full or in part, or to not uphold your complaint.

You, and the public authority, will be sent the decision in a Decision Notice.

That Notice will include:

You cannot ask the Commissioner to review his decision, but you (and the public authority) do have the right to appeal the decision notice to the High Court on a point of law.

It is recommended that you seek legal advice from an Advocate if you are considering making such an appeal.