Designated Representative

A designated representative is NOT required if the controller (or processor) is registered in some way in the Isle of Man or a country within the European Union

- i.e. established as a company, partnership, sole trader, charity etc,.


The only circumstances in which a designated representative is required are if all the following criteria are met:

The controller or processor is established in a country outside the Island or the European Union 

and is:

and the processing:


If a designated representative is required contact details must be provided to the Commissioner. (email details of a designated representative)