The Information Commissioner is developing guidance to assist controllers and processors move towards compliance with the new data protection regime.
A series of new documents is being prepared in addition to the original Toolkit documents.
The first, a basic overview, "10 things you need to know and do", and the second, a more descriptive document, "New Data Protection Law Summary" are now available below.
A "Closer look" series focusing on various aspects of the GDPR are being prepared and will be released as soon as finalised.
- A closer look at Accountability
- A closer look at Rights and Remedies
- A closer look at Records of Processing
- A closer look at Data Protection Officer
- A closer look at Principles
- A closer look at Definitions
- A closer look at Transparency
- 10 things you need to know and do
- New Data Protection Laws Summary
- GDPR Toolkit: Part 1: Know Your Data: Mapping the 5 W's
- Know Your Data - Mapping Pages
- GDPR Toolkit: Part 2: Accountability questionnaire for the Board
- Getting ready for the new data protection laws - guide for small businesses, charities and voluntary organisations